- Certified Athletic Trainer-BOC/NATA
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist-NSCA
- Certified Personal Trainer-ACSM, NASM
- Sports Performance Coach Level 1-USA Weightlifting
- San Jose State University-B.S. Athletic Training
- San Jose State University-M.A. Kinesiology: Athletic Training (in progress)
1992-I began training at the Los Cerritos Community Center karate program in Fremont, CA under the Satsuma Dojo (SKIF-USA) and Chief Instructor, Sensei Isao Wada. I assumed the instructor position from Wada Sensei in 2001 and continued in that role until 2013.
2000 – Awarded Shodan by Hirokazu Kanazawa Soke
2003 – Awarded Nidan by Hirokazu Kanazawa Soke
2006 – Awarded Sandan by Hirokazu Kanazawa Soke
2010 – Awarded Yondan by Hirokazu Kanazawa Soke
2013 – Founded Sho-Shin Karate-do in Fremont, CA where I currently serve as Chief Instructor.
2018 – I was honored to be elected to the SKIF-USA Board of Directors and continue to serve in this position.
2018 – Assumed position of Coach for the San Jose State University Karate Club and Team.
I have had the privilege to attend seminars and train with top SKIF instructors including Hirokazu Kanazawa Soke, Nobuaki Kanazawa Kancho, Manabu Murakami Shuseki Shihan, Ryusho Suzuki Sensei and Shinji Tanaka Sensei.
I continue to compete locally, regionally and nationally in kata, kumite and kobudo.